Dr. Brett Adams at Burnt Hills Chiropractic in Burnt Hills, NY, offers various chiropractic to help you achieve your health and pain relief goals.
Goals and Techniques of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is a highly effective, customized, and natural approach to health, wellness, and pain-free living. And though it’s known mostly for adjustments, chiropractic care is actually multifaceted. In this guide, Dr. Adams at Burnt Hills Chiropractic discusses the goals of this field as well as some of the various techniques used to accomplish them.
Purpose and Goals of Chiropractic Care
You might think of chiropractors as those folks who “crack your back.” It’s true that they provide adjustments to the back and neck, but do you know why they do so? Or of the various other techniques they provide?
If you answered, “No,” you’re not alone. Many people think of visiting the chiropractor as something you do when your back or neck won’t stop hurting.
Chiropractors are committed to helping you get rid of pain, but their goals are much broader than that. They aim to help restore proper function and movement throughout your body to not only reduce pain but prevent it as well as improve your general health. And they work to achieve these goals through natural methods that empower the body to heal and function properly.
What Natural Techniques and Methods Do Chiropractors Use?
Chiropractors specialize in various methods that treat the neuromusculoskeletal system, but the exact techniques can vary depending on the chiropractor you visit. Some of the techniques provided by Dr. Adams include but are not limited to those listed below.
- Adjustments: Adjustments are provided to restore alignment to the skeletal system, which relieves pressure from the soft tissues, restores nerve function, reduces or eliminates pain, and improves mobility.
- Decompression therapy: When discs and nerves become compressed, it can lead to varying degrees of pain and suffering. Decompression therapy gently stretches the spine, releasing this compression.
- Ultrasound therapy: Deep in the soft tissues can lie scar tissue, knots, and more that cause pain and restrict movement. Ultrasound therapy sends sound waves into those deep tissues to break up such problems.
- Foot orthotics: Even if you don’t realize it, issues in your foot structure could cause neck, back, and knee pain. Custom orthotics are designed specifically to address your foot and any issues present.
- Nutritional counseling: From weight loss to eating an anti-inflammatory diet, a chiropractor can help ensure you take in the right vitamins and nutrients for your needs.
Learn more about chiropractic techniques by visiting Dr. Adams at Burnt Hills Chiropractic in Burnt Hills, NY. Call (518) 399-2225 to schedule an appointment.